The native Digital Receipt solution by Ingenico offers the possibility to have the transaction receipt sent to the consumer through a digital sharing mode, avoiding the printing of the paper receipt, and providing an ecofriendly solution. This package allows the merchants to automatically generate digital receipts into their stores and provide consumers this new and environmentally responsible experience. The receipt can be sent using e-mail or SMS by entering the user information after the transaction and once consent has been given, or simply by scanning a QR on the payment device.
Note that in the current solution provided by PPaaS the scope of digital receipts is limited to the payment transaction receipt and not to any basket data.
For a smart and fast checkout experience, PPaaS has digital receipts enabled through QR code, e-mail, and SMS. As a PPaaS client you can configure the digital receipts in PPaaS such that on successful payment, receipts are generated and presented to the customer based on a setting configured in the PPaaS portal.
The shopping experience for customers is changing. Using customer scan, the payment device communicates the digital receipt to the customer's smartphone. This digital receipt is a temporary HTML page that is available as an URL. Accessing this HTML page gives access also to a downloadable JPEG version of the digital receipt.
Prerequisites for QR code digital receipts
It is necessary to comply with the following prerequisites for QR code digital receipts:
- The consumer must have a QR code scan application installed in the smartphone.
- The payment device is enabled with digital receipts (service subscription).
Lifecycle for QR code receipts flow
With Digital Receipt API integration, create a QR code digital receipt on the transaction details and begin sharing the receipt in a few quick steps.
- Digital receipt option on the payment device: The payment device provides a selection option for QR code to the consumer.
- Create a QR code digital receipt: The payment device generates a QR code digital receipt and displays on the device screen.
- Share the digital receipt: When consumer scans the QR code on the payment device, a HTML URL is created that contains the transaction details in an image format. The HTML URL is shared to the consumer's smartphone.
- Consumer accesses digital receipts through the URL: The consumer accesses the URL which opens the HTML page with instructions to download and view the receipt. The customer can view the cardholder's digital receipt and view transaction details.
E-mail or SMS receipts
PPaaS allows consumers to receive the receipt in an e-mail or as a text in their mobile phones. The e-mail address or mobile phone number for the respective receipt type is always subject to the consumer accepting to share their personal data. Personal data is automatically deleted from database once the receipt is sent to the customer.
Lifecycle for e-mail receipts
You can create digital receipt on consumer transaction details and begin sharing the receipt in a few quick steps.
- Digital receipt option on the payment device: The payment device provides a selection option for e-mail to the consumer.
- Receipt option through e-mail: For the selected e-mail option, the consumer provides the e-mail address to receive the digital receipt.
- Share the receipt with the consumer: The digital receipt is sent to the consumer.
- Share receipt as pdf attachment: The digital receipt is attached as a pdf in the e-mail and sent to the consumer.
Lifecycle for SMS receipts
You can create digital receipt on the consumer transaction details and begin sharing the receipt in a few quick steps.
- Digital receipt option on the payment device: The payment device provides a selection option for SMS to the consumer.
- Receipt option through SMS: For the selected SMS option, the consumer provides the mobile phone number to receive the digital receipt.
- Share the receipt with the consumer: PPaaS relies on a partnership with an SMS gateway provider. This enables the SMS delivery to valid/active phone numbers. A link to a web page containing the digital receipt is sent to the consumer.
For SMS or e-mail options, the consumer can opt to choose the same sharing method applied for future purchases with the same card. This allows the digital receipt service to store the consumer data and re-use it any time when a payment is done using a PPaaS enabled device.
Configure digital receipts using templates
PPaaS clients can configure the settings of receipts to share with consumers. On completion of payment, the receipts are generated based on the settings in the configuration.
Customization of the receipt focuses on the e-mail and SMS details and the message displayed on the web page. The following table lists the configuration fields, all the fields are free text fields that the client can decide to configure as required.
The customization of the receipt focuses on the e-mail and SMS details and the message displayed on the web page.
The following table lists the configuration fields, all the fields are free text fields that the client can decide to configure them as required.
The following table provides the details about the configurable fields for e-mail, SMS, and QR code.
|Configuration parameters||Description||Used by Digital Receipt sharing modes||Defaults|
|Email Subject||E-mail subject to be shown in the Receipt e-mail for the consumer||Your payment receipt|
|Email Header||First message inside the Receipt e-mail||Thank you for your purchase!|
|Email Body||Content inside the Receipt e-mail||Please find enclosed your digital payment receipt for your latest transaction @storeName. Thank you for selecting a digital receipt delivery. By doing so, you are contributing to reduce the carbon footprint of your shopping experience.|
|Email Footer||Content in the bottom of the e-mail||We hope to see you soon!|
|Receipt Filename||The Receipt Filename is a common field for 3 sharing modes and handles the name of the attached file in the e-mail or the name of the downloaded file once the consumer clicks on the download button on the web page.||E-mail, SMS, QR code||MyLatestReceipt|
|Web Page Header||The web Page Header is a common field for the SMS and QR sharing modes to be shown to the client||SMS, QR code||Please find your payment receipt from the store: @storeName|
|SMS message||The message that is contained in the SMS in addition to the link to the web page to be shown to the client||SMS||Please find a link to the receipt for your transaction.|
|Receipt Expiration||Expiration time for the web page||SMS, QR code||6 months|
|Merchant Default language||The default language applied to the receipts and enrollment/unenrollment templates||SMS, E-mail||en-US|
Customize merchant message
The messages can be customized for every merchant. The placeholders that can be added to each field are:
|merchantName||The name of the merchant|
|storeName||The name of the store|
|amount||The amount of the transaction|
|currency||The currency of the transaction|
|clientDateTime||The local date and time of the transaction|
When the payment is processed by PPaaS, the entire customization is adapted and includes also paper receipt and logo addition it. However, for payment initialized by the payment devices, the body of the digital receipts cannot be customized, and they are sent as it is available in the payment device.
The digital receipt shared through SMS or QR code is only available in the payment server for a definite time period. The receipt details are then deleted from the payment server. This time period is defined by the merchant. Setting the lifetime of the digital receipt is specific to the region in adherence to the regulation but can be overwritten by the client or the merchant.